I Love Golf


It takes both the rain and sunshine to make a rainbow.
You would not believe me if I were to tell you that I used to hate those guys who talked about golf would you? Telling stories about the game they played.... and at one time I even made a promise to myself, if I were to take up any game definitely it would not be golf but one day out of my curiousity, I braved myself and of course swallowed my pride trying out the game all by myself, quietly though. It was just like going through hell especially during the initial stage of learning how to hit the golf balls...it was not as easy as I have thought. To cut the story short, after several weeks of practicing, a good friend of mine invited me to play a round of golf with him and at the end of the game, he told me that I was not playing golf but instead playing a hockey game. Who cares, I enjoyed it very much anyway. Well thank God those hard times were long been forgotten and now I am very happy to be able to play the game with a valid handicap 12 USGA everywhere I go, with any other golfer around the world for that matter. Golf anyone? :-)
The Book
Earl Woods wrote a lot of nice things about the game in his book which was published in 1997. Here are some of the excerpts in one of the chapters which I love most and would like to share with you.
Caring and Sharing
- The importance of living life to the fullest can’t be overstated. Golf is a game about life. You learn; you experience; you share. The lessons one can absorb in a round of golf are often too precious to hoard. Life is not just about yourself. Life is about others. And one should share these feelings of life with others. Care for your fellow humans. Share your experiences, and contribute to the personal development of others.Time is an accumulation of nows. There is no tomorrow; there is no yesterday; there is only now. It behooves all of us to live our lives one unique day at a time. Maximize the joy you have inherited as your birthright. Apply the lessons and knowledge that you have gleaned from the wonderful game of golf. There is so much to be learned from this game – not just about yourself but about others.
- For the true sweetness of victory lies not in simply savoring your own accomplishments but in passing the baton to give someone else the same opportunity.
- Golf is a microcosm of life. It provides the opportunity for personal and, if you wish, sosioeconomic development.

Popular posts from this blog